Call Center or Patience-Simulation?
Well — I’ve been thinking about writing something about call centers for quite some time now. But then having so many friends in the industry, I thought I may hurt them…
But then — being “me” … I have to get it off my head, and so, I decided to do it in the most polite way possible. Let’s see what we have in store:
- Call-Center: “All our representatives are busy at the moment”…
- Normal Human: That’s ok. Let them stay busy. Hire few who can solve our problems.
- Call-Center: “This call may be recorded for quality purposes.”
- Normal Human: You’ve been recording it for quite some time now. When exactly are you improving the quality?
- Call-Center: “Your call is important to us, a representative will be with you shortly.”
- Normal Human: I wish you take it with same patience when we say… “Your monthly bill is important to us… We will shortly arrange the payment.”
- Call-Center: “Press '1' for cards, '2' for accounts, '3' for digital something, '4' for card blocking, '5' for telling us that you are getting extremely p!$$#@ 0%% or press '0' to talk to our customer service representative…
- Normal Human: Can you add… Press '6' if you want “empathy”, Press '7' if you think this nonsense should end immediately and a human should get in touch and solve your problem, Press '8' if you have realized that you have trusted a wrong company and you want to know how you can leave us right now… For God sake!
Yes High-Tech is important, but if this high-tech is taking away human-touch and empathy and perspective… I don’t think so it’s going to help much.
Now, just "share it" if you liked it…