Honesty is a Choice!
It really is a choice, one or the other.
- Either you recommend the best option for your customer, or to push your item first.
- Either sell what you believe in, or you don’t.
- Either you utter truth when it’s painful to do otherwise, or you consistently share what’s important.
- Either you keep your promises, or you don’t.
- Either you give me the best price the first time, or you make lousy promises and shameless jumps down the pricy hill.
Being honest is being generous.
Opposite of honestly is not dishonesty. No, it’s not.
The opposite of honesty is gutlessness (and even characterlessness)
Honesty is in little things…
- I’ll be there in 10 minutes… [Only if I can travel with speed of light]
- Oh, I loved it… [I wish the dustbin was closer and you were away]
- I love you… [What other options do I have?]
You have an option. To be optimist [or even positive]. But honesty is also an option. Remember — when you announce things based on optimism, the rest of the world you’re engaging with builds plans around you and your announcement. And the cost of the person who doesn’t have your shipment or is sitting around a meeting room waiting is high indeed.
The alternate is honesty. Commitment without negotiation.
I know it’s important to deliver when it’s ready — but it’s even more important to deliver when it’s due.
Honesty is a choice. A choice to be made by people who value themselves and people around!