Money, Sure and Quick… OR?
At a recent workshop with young and promising individuals, I encountered conversations around some ways to make money, sure and quick.
Options discussed were [actual ones]:
- “Food & Fashion Blogging”
- “Taking paid surveys”
- “Buying items from AliExpress and selling with decent margin”
- “Business of birds”
- “Investing in ICOs because giants are doing it too”
- “Do day trading in stock market”
Well… my answer was… absolute silence.
And my silence was not because of my ignorance on these options, or if I think these are not good options… but because of my utter sadness on the criteria… make money, sure and quick.
The problem is with having “make money” as an objective and “sure and quick” as the approach.
What about important questions in life?
- What am I becoming?
- Who am I serving?
- What problem am I solving?
- How am I investing my wealth?
- What cause I am passionate about?
I genuinely believe we deserve better…!