Is innocent hypocrisy a new term for you? I love inventing new terms — using words in new combinations :)
Innocent hypocrisy is when you don't know that you are being a hypocrite. It's when you somehow find luck and situation to blame.
Let me share few innocent hypocrisies for your review:
- We love well groomed, well behaved, values-driven kids — but when we see the parents investing themselves in doing so, we think parents are too harsh [I am not advocating parents who treat their children as punching bags — but the ones who take a stand]
- We appreciate people with decent financial planning and saving — but we hardly want to save or invest.
- We appreciate healthy, good looking people — but we rarely want to invest into the discipline it takes.
- We admire people with amazing perspectives on life — but we never have time to read books and meet interesting people.
- We adore happy families — but we barely show empathy towards those who we call our family.
- We want to see a peaceful world — but we are not willing to forgive and forget.
This is what hypocrisy is.
But there is more to innocent hypocrisy…
Hypocrisy is that after reading these lines, you are not looking inwards — but are busy finding who fits in to this definition of hypocrisy :)
Look inwards. Magic happens within you.